Dee has been a regular contributor to the ICF Blog. Here are the links to her articles:
- The Effect of Technology on the Body: How Polyvagal Theory Helps Us Find A Healthy Use of Technology
- When Relationships Click: What Polyvagal Theory Can Teach Us About Relationships
- How Polyvagal Theory Can Help Us Find Presence
- Using Polyvagal Theory to Meet Coaching Clients Where They Are
- The Fine Line Between Encouragement and Overload: Have You Heard of Polyvagal Theory?
How to Learn the Dirty Dance of Digital Dating
am co-creator of a book/workbook that helps with the emotional roller-coaster of digital dating. I also teach ballroom dancing. Read more here.
Polyvagal theory in practice
By Dee Wagner
Picturing brain chemistry can be something like picturing a hurricane. Although we can imagine bad weather, it is difficult to imagine changing that weather. But Stephen Porges' polyvagal theory gives counselors a useful picture of the nervous system that can guide us in our efforts to help clients. Read more here.
Read Dee's recent published article.
Finding Zen in Online Dating
Let's face it, technology at its best invigorates. At its worst, it is addictive. Add the possibility of romance and it is hard to stay balanced. "Hmm, I think I'll check my email and see if NatureNerd responded to my wink" is hardly ever the tone of our thoughts when we are digitally dating - that kind of calm curiosity that exemplifies zen. The more likely response sounds something like, "Oh God, oh God, oh God, I hope...(Hold breath. Check email.) Ahhh! No one ever responds to my emails!"
Click here to read the rest of the article.
Read Dee's new article published in Counseling Today.
Neurocounseling: Bridging Brain and Behavior
Using new nervous system science to help clients with their digital dating experiences
- New Nervous System Science Supports Mindfulness
- Growth vs. Greed: Polyvagal Theory for More Mindful Business
- Coaching with Assurance: What Neuroscience Can Teach Us
- The Electric Mix of Technology and Romance: Coaching Digital Daters (Step 6)
- The Electric Mix of Technology and Romance: Coaching Digital Daters (Step 5)
- The Electric Mix of Technology and Romance: Coaching Digital Daters (Step 4)
- The Electric Mix of Technology and Romance: Coaching Digital Daters (Step 3)
- The Electric Mix of Technology and Romance: Coaching Digital Daters (Step 2)
- The Electric Mix of Technology And Romance: Coaching Digital Daters (Step 1)
Dee's new blog post is up on Digital Romance.
Atlanta authors named finalist for dating industry award
Local scribes are up for the U.S. Dating Awards' Dating Book of the Year
Naked Online: A DoZen Ways to Grow from Internet Dating is one of five finalists for U.S. Dating Awards' Dating Book of the Year. The modern day matchmaking guide by Atlanta authors Dee Wagner, John Cargile, and Kathy Jernigan premiered at the 2015 AJC Decatur Book Festival and focuses on transforming online dating experiences into healthy relationship skills.
Why Adult Coloring Books? From the Viewpoint of a Polyvagal Junkie.
I imagine you are wondering, to what anatomical aspect of science does polyvagal refer? Read the rest of the article here....
Click here to download the Naked Online book's coloring page.
Dee's article Finding Zen in Online Dating featured on
dating site: Older Dating
Virtual relationships allow a kind of control that can be hard to relinquish. Panel participants get help with the online dating dance. Being in our bodies in a dance with other bodies stirs sensations that can knock us off our game. Managing the sensations of body to body encounters allows us to transition from texting one another to talking to one another to touching one another.
Dee is interviewed for North Avenue Lounge! Listen to Shannon Turner's interview with Dee in part 2 of a two-episode arc about Online Dating in Atlanta. Click here.